Friday, June 09, 2006

Terwilliger knew what was going on!

My uncle ordered popovers
from the restaurant's bill of fare.
And, when they were served,
he regarded them
with a penetrating stare...
Then he spoke great Words of Wisdom
as he sat there on that chair:
"To eat these things," said my uncle,
"you must exercise great care.
You may swallow down what's solid...
BUT... you must spit out the air!"

And... as you partake of the world's
bill of fare,
that's darned good advice to follow.
Do a lot of spitting out the hot air.
And be careful what you swallow.

-My Uncle Terwilliger on the Art of Eating Popovers
By Doctor Seuss

Truer words have never been spoken.

3 comments:

ML said...

I'm going to put this up in the bathrooms (I figure that's where most people in this house take time to ponder in between thinking about what they're going to say next!)

Selena said...

hehe, cute idea Mrs. C. But... I still don't know what a "popover" is.... guess you'll have to educate me, Mal, when I get to Maine this fall!!

Anonymous said...

I only hope you'll get there in time for me to see you guys. I leave on the 6th of September!