Thursday, March 24, 2005

Headlines!

Okay, I made it into the newspaper, not that I never have before or anything, it's just that this is the first time I've ever made it while having a blog. Here's the part of the article that talks about me. It's not a very big part or anything, but it's something.

(NOTE: The Chamorro word "Ayuyu" means "Coconut Crab" and is pronounced "Ad-zu-zu". MISA = Marianas Interscholastic Sports Assocciation.)

"Mallory Conner of KHS Ayuyus also worked her way into the select cast, playing with consistency throughout the entire season for coach Francis San Nicolas. Conner's ballhandling, sweet touch from the perimeter, and determination to fight until the end earned her respect from the other players in the league. ... Each player was recognized by MISA shortly after the boys and girls championship bouts Monday at the Marianas High School Gymnasium."

If you would like to read the rest of the article it's at www.saipantribune.com. Just look under the SPORTS section and the title, "MHS Lady Dolphins dominate All-Star selection".

2 comments:

andalucy said...

I'm glad you're joining the blogging club, Mal! That's a really cool quote from your newspaper.

I haven't updated my blog for awhile--right now we're down in
Texas/Mexico visiting Jorge's family.

Love,
Linds

Vasu Chetty said...

What sport do you play?